Construction Industry Scheme
CIS stands for ‘Construction Industry Scheme’. You must register for this scheme if you are working for a contractor and you are self-employed, or owner of a limited company or a partner in partnership or trust.
Under the CIS scheme, contractors deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and pass it to HMRC, which serve as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and national insurance.
This needs to be done every month, and contractors who fail to comply can face hefty fines.
If you are in the construction industry, whether you are a subcontractor or a contractor, you have certain obligations to meet. You may be unsure of what you need to be doing to stay compliant, our qualified expert tax advisors and accountants are here to assist you in every stage of the compliance process. We provide an extensive range of services to cover all your CIS requirements for example;
- To register you as a subcontractor/contractor (or both).
- To help you with the application of ‘Gross payment status’.
- To prepare CIS returns for contractors.
- To prepare the tax returns for subcontractors.
- To help reclaim their CIS deductions.
- To keep you up to date with any changes to the scheme.
- Ensure you pay the correct amount of tax and reclaim the right amount of tax.
We also offer all our client to access our online software to help them raise CIS invoices.
Why people choose us over other Accountants
Our Professional Qualified Chartered Accountants and tax advisors provide all accounting & tax
advisory services to small & medium size businesses. We have accredited partners who provide
online software’s like Xero, QuickBooks, Sage and Free agent.
Please call us on 020 8577 0204 to arrange an appointment or email email@example.com